Monday, September 6, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream





I dreamed a dream that I have perfect vision.

Since I was 3, I have been wearing glasses and contact lenses. My eyesight is so bad that one of my all-time worries is becoming blind one day. When I was little, I even blindfolded myself a coupl times in order to have a tasye of being blind, a psychological preparation of how life might become when I turn blind one day and a physical understanding of my daily life environment through touching.

As I grow older, I start to take more constructive actions to prevent this from happening. One of the major steps is getting my eyes checked every year. However, it is always a stressful experience because I worry that the optician would give me some bad news after the check up. My optician and I both know that I get paranoid whenever there is any sign of eyesight deterioration, so he always know how to notify me of how minor it is.

One of the magical moments in my life is the first time I put on my contact lens. I was so amazed by the ability of a pair of little lens in fixing the eyesight problem I had for more than 18 years. I felt like a fairy has come upon me and made my dream come true. As a girl, a life without glasses is simply great. It's a turning point for what kind of styles you can look nice in now and it's a door for all the crazy eye makeup!! My optician and I actually became friends as he is more like an eyesight angel to me.

Today is another checkup day for my eyes, I was praying when I ws on my way to the optician. Luckily, there's nothing really wrong with my eyes. I even had the inside of my eyeball checked. I had quite a lot of fun seeing the photographs and learning all these different parts. I was very nervous when I saw little bits of blurry stuff in the photograph, but then my optician said it's a sign of youth as the tissue was so perfect that it reflects the light from the camera! I kept the photos at the end as a souvenir of my youth!

Anyways, I wish my eyes all the good health in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment