Saturday, September 4, 2010

Can there be more Revolution other than Food Revolution?




Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution is a program I just finished watching and it gives me such a strong feeling that I want to express my thoughts here.


Jamie Oliver has been a celebrity chef for some time. I remember when he first started, he was a chef on TV shows who seems to love his family, looks quite cute and always has interest in very fresh ingredients. I haven't been a big fan of his show not because I don't like them, just because I don't actively search for them. However, Food Revolution is not just a cooking show, it is more about the change that Jamie Oliver tried to bring to the unhealthiest town in America -- Huntington. It's more about the eating environment of America which causes a large number of deaths due to weight problem.


What caused me to watch this is through the recommendations of friends when I was visiting my boyfriend (BF). One of the examples a girl told me about the show is that Jamie actually poured out the fat in solid form in front of the kids and parents of an elementary school, trying to tell them how much fat a class consumes for breakfast and lunch each week. At that time, I was thinking, "I would be very interested in seeing that!" That's how I started to search for it.


However, the lesson I have learned from the show is way more than I expected. Honestly, there were a couple touching moments as to how unaware people are towards weight problems and health issues, but what caught my attention throughout the show are the passion, persistence and creativity of Jamie Oliver's. There was this cooking dance flash mob in a university, the bet with a local DJ, a kitchen with free cooking lessons and the demonstration of a XL coffin. There are problems all the time, but he never gives up. He knows what his goal is and he simply finds ways to get there.


This just leads me to think how beautiful the world would be if there are more people like him who gets touched by something he knows and insisted on doing something good for the world. Can there be any other kind of revolution so that everyone can live a better life? I have seen people who are trying to make a change, they are inspiring and wonderful. I wish more can be inspired by these people, so that more positive changes can appear. If love, creativity and passion come together, I know the world would be a better place.


We need more revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment