Saturday, November 6, 2010

What Do I want to Do Today?


This morning, I sat down at my desk, organized the documents next to my desktop, checked my schedule for the day and made a cup of English Toffee to clear my mind, then a question came to my mind: what do I want to do today?
It is not that I don't have work on my desk. Instead, I have a couple projects that I have to deal with in due course. There are a lot of things on my plate which I would have to handle without too much delay. Howeer, I would like to think about what I actually want to do today if I don't have all these obligations. Do I genuinely want to work on these documents on my desk? What are the differenes between what I want to and what I am supposed to do?

Therefore, I wrote a "Want-To-Do List":

(1) Spa / Massage: my shoulders and legs have been hurting for quite a while

(2) Skype: I always wish I can spend more time talking to my boyfriend (BF)

(3) Sleep: I woke up at around 5 am this morning without any reasons

(4) Read: I have been reading a book called "Outrage" and really want to finish it

(5) Meeting with Mr. Boss: I want to convince him in letting me go on a business trip

(6) Shopping: there is a present that I have been wanting to get for BF

(7) Exercising: I ate chocolate truffle cake for breakfast, pasta for lunch and sushi for dinner last night

(8) Be a pillow: Just lay in bed and pretend that I actually belong to the bed


Here's my "Supposed-To-Do List":

(1) Finish project #1

(2) Finish project #2

(3) Finish project #3

(4) Finish project #4

(5) Ok ... this list will never end if I keep doing this, so let this item be "finish other projects in hand"

(6) Bring part of my salary home for my mom as omestic expenditure

(7) Contact my insurance agent

(8) Iron my clothes for tomorrow

All these make me think of this song:

"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams
No request is to extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do"

Disney lies ... as usual ... I have been dreaming to work on my "Want-To-Do List", but now I have to start crossing out items of the "Supposed-To-Do List" instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment